Monday, February 10, 2014

Five day forecast




Monday – rainy

Tuesday – wet and rainy

Wednesday – windy and wet and rainy

Thursday – freezing and windy and wet and rainy

Friday – horrible and freezing and windy and wet and rainy

 

I now understand why British people are obsessed with the weather. It’s on the news (and I don’t mean only the weather bit of the news mind you), it’s on social media, it is on everyone’s minds and in most conversations. “How terrible is the weather? Yes… I know… ghastly! Is it still raining? Can you believe the rain? Floods everywhere…”

 

They have a real point though, because the weather is really awful enough in the UK for it be the topic of conversation, because there comes a moment when you look out your conservatory (built to harness the heat from the non-existent sun) and think to yourself “I simply cannot believe just how crappy the weather can be. Really. It seems almost surreal that weather can be THIS bad… but it is. There you have it. More rain. More wind. More freezing temperatures. More misery pouring from the sky onto us poor folk down here.”

 

The weather in this place is news worthy, of that there is no doubt.

 

Personally, I must say I like the rain. Nothing beats this weather for a cuddle on the couch with a good book and an even better cup of coffee. But that’s not my reality! I have two young boys and who want to play play play, and who until four months ago, lived outdoors. They’re now stuck inside with nowhere to go. Bored and listless. Peering out the window at the slightest hint of sunshine, only to be disappointed when the dastardly clouds steal it away from them the next moment.

 

This weather sucks. It really does. What I would give for a day free from wind or rain – I’ll settle for dry even if it’s cold, thank you.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment, it will be posted shortly ;)