Monday, November 18, 2013

Did I mention I hate goodbyes

I dreaded our last day... I packed like a woman possessed, I ran around, I sat on suitcases to get the zips to close and prayed they wouldn't pop open halfway through the airport terminal slog to the book-in counter... I did everything possible to shut out what I knew was going to happen: goodbyes.

I just don't like them - I never know the right thing to say, and I sometimes think I must come across callous because I am just so socially inept at this one area of life: goodbyes.

That, and I didn't want to cry in front of the boys. I didn't want them to think what we were doing was in any way sad or bad or whatever... I told myself I'd save my tears for when they were safely asleep on the plane. The reality is that it was so exhausting that as soon as they fell asleep I also drifted into an uncomfortable sleep that was nothing if not welcomed by my nerve endings (I actually imagined all my little nerve endings having a big hooray and hoopla at finally being let of the hook).

See?

I can't even express my goodbyes after the fact...

Of course there are so many more friends that we said goodbye to, but these are the ones that I managed to remember to photograph ;)


Goodbye to good friends

And to my colleagues...

at Mamas n Papas
 
Goodbye to besties (we love you Nathaniel!)

and to teacher Louise

And teacher Dia
 
Goodbye to Aunty Sheri (and the baby in her tummy)

Goodbye to great granny

And goodbye to our favourite cousin Aidan
 



Goodbye to the kindest woman and our super star Dolly
 
Goodbye to Grandpa, Nana, our favourite uncle Shaun and favourite aunt Sheri

And goodbye to Grandma too (although we'll see you soon)
 
Hello aeroplanes

See you soon

We are looking forward to our new adventure!

1 comment:

  1. I feel so sad for you. Good byes are terribly hard. Big tight hugs!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment, it will be posted shortly ;)