Tuesday, September 17, 2013

Roadtrippin'

Nothing beats some time off, a change of scenery, and a good old fashioned road trip. Boy I love it!

The drive from Pretoria to Durban, leaving before the birds start to chirp, watching the sun rise as you leave Johannesburg behind you... it is something that nourishes my soul like a bowl of steaming vegetable soup warms my body on a winter's night.

Gliding along the vein-like roads that cover the land between my home and the South Coast, I feel as though I am crossing God's land - because in my mind God has never lived in a church, or in a book, or even in my heart - for me he lives in the land itself. In the fields, atop the glistening bodies of water that nurture the animals, radiating from the softest hills to the most jagged of outcrops. When I go on a road trip I encounter God.

Then of course, at the end of the road trip is the seaside holiday. And what I love most about the sea is the simplicity of it's never-ending entertainment. My children can spend hour upon hour at the beach and never tire - it is like nature's way of saying 'come, let's play!' And boy did my boys play!

Oh how I loved our roadtrip!








No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment, it will be posted shortly ;)